Who You Are Working For?
Obscurity Labs (OL) is a veteran-owned cybersecurity firm. Collaborating with public and private sector clients to solve their most difficult security challenges through a combination of contracting, consulting, analytics, cyber mission operations, threat emulation, technology, cybersecurity, engineering, advanced security research.
Why Work For Us?
We don’t have employees we have “Team Members“, we have been operating this way since day one (1) and don’t plan on changing it anytime soon. At Obscurity Labs we focus on many things, but we operate on Core Fundamental Principle:
- Passion: Passion is a component of success, we realize this must be put forward in everything we do.
- Commitment: Obscurity Labs is a veteran-owned cyber-security firm, we have taken those values forward and continue our commitment to the public sector.
- Philosophy: We approach our training courses, projects and work with purpose. This has allowed us to teach, develop and share Security principles with high levels of success.
- Professionalism: Often overlooked critical trait of great leaders. We thrive to instill professionalism in our team members.
Obscurity Labs LLC is seeking a Sr. Cyber Security Engineer to support an ongoing innovative project that involves the reverse engineering and repurposing of provided malware samples. Responsibilities may include:
- Support overall projects and direction of Obscurity Labs
- Analyze malware sample’s network activities, provide in-depth analysis of suspected malicious code and/or its activities on infected systems and network devices, perform necessary system analysis
- reverse engineering activities to understand the behavior of the malware, the root cause for its presence, for the purpose of emulating its presence and intent
- Create reports on findings with recommendations for improving/changing our cyber defenses on the network or on the hosts to counter any new threats
- Reverse engineer either real or suspected malicious code using both behavioral and code analysis and provide a report and recommendation for the purpose of emulating its presence and intent
- Utilize Sponsor software and network forensic analyst tools to find and analyze exploited workstations and software and reverse engineer/analyze malicious code
- Serve as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned
- Participate in special projects as required
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science (preferred), Information Technology, IT Security, Network Systems Technology or related field or equivalent experience plus eight (8) to twelve (12) years of directly related experience or any equivalent combination of education, experience, training and certifications.
- 6-8 years of directly related technical experience
- Understanding of Assembly (x86-64, MIPS, and ARM) is required
- In-Depth understanding of IoT operating systems
- In-Depth understanding of the Linux kernel
- In-Depth understanding of malware C2 methods
- Experience with programming in Python, C, & C ++ programming background required
- Ability to learn other languages will be required on a case-by-case basis
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts and project information clearly and concisely to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to work occasional evening or weekend hours as needed
Other Essential Functions:
- Full Remote with 10%-20% In office for team collaboration, meetings, briefs
- Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with clients, management, and employees
- When in office or on-site, grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to the employee or others
- Must be able to support and work in a proactive team environment
- Medical insurance
- Prescription drug coverage
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Fully company paid life insurance
Work-Life & Family
- Highly competitive salary
- 401K retirement plan
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays
- Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO) for vacation/sick time and holidays. 15 days (3 weeks)
- Education Reimbursement program for job-related college courses and professional training certification
- Company-provided refreshments at our offices
- Annual company party and occasional lunch meetings